Happy Derby week, folks
• The Kentucky Derby here in Louisville is as big as the 4th of July + New Year's + Christmas combined
• We're teaching the sweetest little lady named Rose! She is 4'8, has no teeth, big bug eyes, is on oxygen, and has the mouth of a sailor. She's had a hard life, BUT she can't stop calling us her angels!
• We got to visit & pray with & love on SO MANY of our friends this week as we celebrated Mother's Day! Maybe my love language is making moms cry by delivering them $6 flowers from Kroger
• My cutie friend, Kaitlyn, made me the sweetest missionary design!
• There are some hard things currently happening in my companion's life, but the Lord has been so good to her / us! Through all of this, I have had the privilege of meeting with the mission president 3 times in 10 days! Sister Murph and I went over to the mission home last night so that she could receive a blessing (special prayer for comfort), which meant Sister Alder and I got to hang out for a bit! We are the luckiest mission to have the Alder's as our leaders / counselors.
Over the last few days, I have witnessed so many people attempt to do the right thing and face consequences for it. This week has simply been a reminder to me that the right decision is often times the hardest one to make- also reminding me of one of my FAVORITE scriptures:
1 Nephi 3:7 "... I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."
Sometimes choosing faith in Heavenly Father and His will can be the hardest choice to make - not because His plan is faulty, but because our minds & hearts can get in the way. BUT as believers, we are prepared & fully equipped to choose the right! I promise that God does not allow His children to face trials that do not have a purpose or a resolution, that's why we call Him our Way Maker :)
Sister Saylor xx