"Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David: As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began." -Luke 1:68-70
8702 Atlanta Ave., Huntington Beach, CA 92646
Leadership Bishop Joe Rasmussen
Pat Bennett, First Counselor
Quin Dowell, Second Counselor
Conducting: Quin Dowell Organist: Jim Jones
Chorister: Eric Gustafson
Opening Prayer by Invitation
#172 - In Humility, Our Savior
Administration of the Sacrament Renewal of Covenants
to be announced
124 - Be Still, My Soul
#308 - Love One Another
Closing Prayer by Invitation
FYI: There is a QR Code in the foyer for our ward. Just point your phone at it to gain access to Pac Shores Sacrament programs. All hymns, talks, lessons, and most websites in this program are linked. Tap on link, then hit your phone's back button to return to the program.
September 24: Relief Society - Class taught by Katie Pitt
October 8: Fast Sunday
October 8: Come, Follow Me - Ephesians
Relief Society: Every first Monday is "Lunch with the Ladies" at Stonefire Grill.
Elders Quorum: Every fourth Tuesday is Elders Quourm Taco Night.
● Stake Temple Recommend Interviews - Sunday, Sept 24th, 2:30-3:30pm Stake Offices
Members of the stake presidency hold temple recommend interviews Sundays
from 2:30-3:30, except on Fast Sundays or special holidays. For recommendations
for living ordinances, please schedule an appointment with President Richardson
by contacting Jim Watkins at 714-404-8113.
● Stake Primary Activity Day Event "Follow the Son," September 28th, 3:30-6, at the Stake Center.
○ All children ages 8-11 are welcome to attend. Dinner will be served.
● General Conference:
● Saturday, September 30th - 9am, 1pm, 5pm
● Sunday, October 1st - 9am, 1pm
How to watch
Dish - channel 9403
DirectTV - channel 374
● Fast Sunday, October 8th
● Oct 8 Covenant Path Class canceled for October and replaced with Oct 22 testimony meeting.
● Family History Fair October 14th, 9:00am-4:00pm, 674 S. Yorba Street, Orange, CA
○ Registration is now open for the return of the Orange County Family History Fair.
○ This year's fair will feature Lynn Turner, Director of the Salt Lake City
FamilySearch Library as the keynote and will host 25 additional breakout classes on
a wide variety of topics.
○ The conference is free, but registration is required and expected to fill up quickly.
If you've ever wanted to learn ... join us on October 14th from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
● Stake Ladies Dine and DIY - Saturday, October 21st, 4-7pm, Stake Center
Check your email for details or email JoyNordfelt@icloud.com for questions.
*See flyer attached.*
● Young Single Adult Ward Conference - Sunday, October 22nd, 1pm
● Youth Testimony Meeting Sunday, October 22nd, 7pm, Stake Center
○ all youth ages 11 turning 12 in 2023 and up
● Stake Priesthood Leadership - Sunday, October 29th, 7am, Stake Center
● Single Adult Ward Conference - Sunday, October 29th, 1pm
● Worldwide Devotional for Young Adults 18-30 - Sunday, November 19th, 4pm-5pm (pacific). Watch at:
● live or replay later
● Join us on our social media channels. Follow, like, comment & share posts from our FB and Instagram channels! Review sacrament meeting talks from stake members!
○ Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ChurchOfJesusChristHB
○ Instagram HB Stake : https://www.instagram.com/churchofjesuschrist_hb/
○ Instagram Youth : https://www.instagram.com/churchofjesuschrist_hbyouth/?
○ Stake website : https://www.churchofjesuschristhb.org/
○ talks, events, …
● Singles related websites:
○ Note: if there is a QR code in your foyer - just point your cell phone camera at
the QR code (the square of black and white blocks) in your foyer before Sacrament
Mtg to receive the Ward Program
○ YSA Ward link
○ SA Ward links - LDS Huntington Beach Single Adult Ward
○ Mid-Single Activity Links
○ 4 th Tues Mid-singles Institute
○ LDS Huntington Beach Mid-single Adults
● Just Serve: Go to Justserve.org for service opportunities near you. If you know of a service opportunity contact Sara Walk - firstname.lastname@example.org, 310.658.0391 or JyneneJ@gmail.com.
● Education opportunities: Pathway Connect - BYU Pathway - Helps people move quicker towards earning an online certificate or degree at an affordable price, PathwayConnect is now only three blocks, each for 7 weeks. This means students can begin earning a marketable certificate even sooner. Several scholarships are available. Classes for the fall semester begin in September and the deadline to apply for is August 22, 2023. It only takes about 5–10 minutes to apply and there is no cost to apply. For more information or to apply on-line, go to byupathway.org or contact your local BYU-Pathway missionaries: Elder & Sister Bass, 949-241-7125 or email@example.com
● Patriarchal Blessings - Once you have a recommend from your bishop, please schedule your patriarchal blessing by calling Leslie Borgquist at 714-371-5499.
● Monthly midsingles (27-45) class by Larry Johnson, 4th Thursdays at 7pm at the Fountain Valley Building. Brother Johnson teaches a class on contemporary/cutting-edge issues affecting singles in the church, and the church more broadly.
● Come Follow Me Classes:
○ Tuesday mornings at 9am with Bruce Richardson. Email
firstname.lastname@example.org for study materials.
■ Zoom Meeting ID: 986 1516 8135
■ Zoom Meeting Passcode: Liahona
■ Link for viewing PAST Come Follow Me lessons:
○Thursday evenings at 7pm with Kevin Monson
■ Zoom Meeting ID: 990 3093 3832
■ Zoom Meeting Passcode: Liahona
● Family Services no longer charges for services. Counselors will assist priesthood leaders to identify which Church and Community resources will best meet the member’s needs.
● Employment Services - job seekers and other interested individuals should go to::
● Addiction Recovery Program every Thursday from 7:00pm-8:30pm in the stake center high council Room - We cover substance (alcohol, drugs-prescription and illegal-,cigarettes, food disorders, etc) and behavioral addictions (gambling, eating, pornography, etc). If you have any questions, please contact Bill Price at 714-969-6628 or just show up. This is an anonymous and confidential meeting.
● Men’s Pornography Treatment Group - Starting on Wednesday, August 16, Family Services is offering another 10-week online Men’s Pornography Treatment Group. A
Family Services counselor will supervise the group meetings. There is no fee to participate.
● Temple and Family History
● Temple Deep Learning Podcast is available. You can view the class by clicking
the following link: churchofjesuschristhb.org and scrolling down the main page.
○ The podcast is designed to address the doctrine of the Temple and the Covenant
Path, providing insights and application through presentation and interviews with
members. It can help prepare one for the temple but provides the greatest benefit
to those who have been endowed.
● Newport Beach Temple - All ordinances can be scheduled by appointment. Proxy ordinances may be limited to members residing in this designated temple district. Patrons should make appointments by logging into their account at churchofjesuschrist.org or email appointment requests to:
● The Family Search Center (formerly known as Family History Center) is open:
Wednesdays: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Thursdays: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
● Building Schedulers
○ Fountain Valley Building - Geri Lawler - email@example.com
○ Stake Center Building - Diane Andrew - 714-609-9211
○ 17th Street Building - Anne Bradshaw - 949-357-4424